Tuesday, June 22, 2004

RSPB Titchwell Marsh, Norfolk

With some time off work I decided it would be nice to go to RSPB Titchwell for some digiscoping. Everything's close there, isn't it? All the birds seem tame.


Highlight was this male Ruff which showed well close to the main path. That's a real ruffy Ruff. And if that's not a mullet, I don't know what is...


I made numerous attempts at photographing Avocets (which were plentiful), but in 90% of my shots, the birds had their heads underwater. Never mind.


A very showy Sedge Warbler perched by the entrance to one of the hides and sang right out in the open, until it was flushed. That's the only problem with Titchwell - it's very busy.


There wasn't a lot on the beach, except for a few Oystercatchers.


A couple of summer-plumaged Spotted Redshanks looked smart but were a little distant for me.

What's in my CD player: Being There - Wilco

No comments:

Post a Comment