Monday, August 09, 2004

Other people's garden ticks...

Though I was present to see the first ever Small Copper in the Weedon garden on Friday, by the time I arrived on Farcet Fen to see Steve Dudley's Pied Flycatcher this evening it was nowhere to be seen!

The bird was last seen about ten minutes before I arrived, having disappeared into a thick hedge prior to a rainstorm. That's a bit of a PBC mega. Darn it.

There are only one or two records per year. I suppose there should be lots more; there must be hundreds of birds arriving on the east coast at the moment, and they can't all follow the coast southwards. It's been raining on and off all day here and the bird was presumably brought down by a prolonged heavy shower. What else lurks in the Nene valley, for instance?

What's in my CD player: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco

No comments:

Post a Comment