Thursday, August 05, 2004

Morborne Hill

A disastrous wrong turn on the way to Morborne Hill nearly ruined our lunchtime, but the obliging insects we found when we [eventually] got there made up for it.


Meadow Browns were everywhere, predictably.


Thistles and teasels are currently the nectaring plants of choice.


Naturally, I am unable to identify this moth.


I got my first pics of Small Skipper, a tiny butterfly.



Morborne Hill has something of a reputation locally for being a red-hot raptor watchpoint; various interesting passerines have also occurred (eg. Serin, Firecrest, Waxwing, Red-backed Shrike). I've never seen anything of note there, but I always feel I might bump into something good. "Time in, birds out", says Ian Wallace. We must heed The Master's words.

What's in my CD player: Rings Around The World - Super Furry Animals

No comments:

Post a Comment