Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sleeping beauties and other things


When I got to work this morning, it was beautifully sunny. Cold, but sunny, so I went for a quick walk around the garden. I found these wasps clinging to the ivy flowers for dear life. They were almost completely still, except for a few wiggling antennae and twitching thoraces.




I went back at lunchtime and found lots more wasps, looking much more lively, feeding on the ivy nectar. At this time of year, it must be a lifeline for them.

Vine leaves on the turn






Common Darters are still around in good numbers. Every day, I think 'they'll all be gone tomorrow', but it hasn't happened yet.



Red Admirals are probably the most numerous butterflies

Several Commas seen today, too.

Holly berries


photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995

No comments:

Post a Comment