Sunday, March 27, 2005

Garden tick... three years too late








I visited my Mum and Dad in Northants today. We had a nice meal, exchanged Easter eggs and then I found them a nice female Brambling in the garden. I wonder how long it had been there?

Non-birding parents (I know you're going to read this), I want to know if it's still there tomorrow!
What to look for:
  • pale belly
  • orange on the breast and in the wing
  • white rump
  • spotty flanks
  • yellow bill
  • eats black sunflower seeds
I moved out three years ago so I don't really know whether this is a proper garden tick or not.




Couldn't resist the cute Coal Tit...

The morals of the story are... always visit your parents at Easter and never leave home without your digiscoping gear.

photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995 + Leica Apo Televid 62 with 16x eyepiece

No comments:

Post a Comment