Monday, February 16, 2009

Raving mad

Yet again, I've been punished for going to work. Darren was off sick this morning but managed to see a Raven heading west over our house. That's garden tick #89, hot on the heels of last week's Tufted Ducks. I think we'll struggle to make 100 species (seen or heard from or in the garden or house), but spring is coming and you never know what that will bring.

On the plus side, I did enjoy a veritable cacophony of birdsong today at work. I only stepped outside to top up the birdfeeder and my eardrums were assaulted by Robins, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Chaffinches and my first Mistle Thrush of the year (a bit late, that). Which reminds me that I heard a Goldfinch singing at home yesterday.

It felt like spring today. I feel I can see the light at the end of the wintry tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. We have that "veritable cacophony" but ours is only made up of house finches, house sparrows American gold finches, and a western Towhee. But since we get 25 or more birds at our feeder most days, I have to be satisfied with that.

    ReplyDelete