Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Il neige


The Lodge in the snow in black + white

Icy drips
Another day of snow. It's stopped falling, but landscape looks rather lovely with its white coat on.

As I was de-icing the car before leaving for work, I heard my first singing Chaffinch of the year, cooing Stock Doves, a drumming Great Spotted Woodpecker in the tree just across the road, and watched two Blue Tits in some kind of courtship display - there was much high-pitched calling and wing-quivering before they flew off. At work, I've spotted a pair going in and out of a nestbox and making adjustments to the entrance hole, so it's all another reminder that spring's waiting behind the snow.
photos taken with Canon EOS 30D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM or Canon Powershot A640

2 comments:

  1. Spectacular images of the snowy landscape! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs and I envy you the abundance of birds. I miss the chaffinch, so when we were in England a year ago I picked up a stuffed furry one which when pressed sings its -- a real recording.

    ReplyDelete