Sunday, February 04, 2007

New era

I've been thinking about getting a proper camera for a long time, and I've finally done it. I served my digiscoping apprenticeship and decided it was about time I jumped on the DSLR bandwagon.

These are early days. I haven't got a clue of which settings to use; I just know I need to get close. It's not been hugely successful so far, but it's great fun - feels like the photographic equivalent of go-karting!

Now I just need to find some nice, cooperative birds.

And so, at The Lodge this morning...


Blue Tit. Some nestbox inspection going on


Robin preening

Frosty ivy berries



Dunnock singing

Bramble leaves

Wouldn't be complete without some sunlit leaves, would it?

And from yesterday...

Greylag Geese

Bullfinches munching on ash keys

photos taken with Canon EOS 30D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x II