Saturday, February 10, 2007

Footprints in the snow

We had about two inches (5cm) of snow on Thursday morning. At 7.15am, I dutifully went out to feed the birds (I'm very dedicated) and found a load of footprints in the snow. There were Pheasant-sized prints, Blackbird-sized prints and some Fox prints.

I suspected we'd had a Fox in the garden a few weeks ago when a strange looking bit of poo was found. The snow provided the evidence needed to confirm my suspicions - it all became beautifully clear.

Unfortunately, it was too dark and time was too short to take photos before I went to work. Mr Fox had had a good sniff around the bird feeders before heading off into next-door's garden. Nice.

This morning, I had a quick look out the window in the gloom and a Fox trotted across the field at the back. A few minutes later, a Hare went in the other direction.

A friend of mine currently has Badgers visiting his garden, though I don't think we'll ever be able to beat that...

No comments:

Post a Comment