Saturday, April 09, 2005

Lucky escape

I very nearly went twitching this weekend. I'd been discussing plans to go for the Belted Kingfisher (seemingly settled on the River Dee near Aberdeen) and there were tricky problems with none of us having a decent car capable of doing the trip. Plus it's not exactly a very relaxing way to spend your spare time, when you could be out doing proper birding instead...

The problem solved itself this morning, though - the kingfisher was seen flying off to the north and wasn't seen again. So now I'm thinking of all the time, tiredness, money and wear on my poor car that I've saved.

I'm not going to get Belted Kingfisher on my British list (or life list, for that matter) anytime soon, but since I don't keep a Brit list, it's irrelevant...

No comments:

Post a Comment