Monday, June 07, 2004

Mark Radcliffe

Got bored doing some work while it's too warm to get to sleep and somehow I ended up listening to Mark Radcliffe's new show on BBC Radio 2. I used to fall asleep listening to Mark and Lard when they did the Graveyard Shift (22:00-00:00) on Radio 1 in the mid 1990s.

Ah, happy days... They used to do what could loosely be described as 'comedy', in the form of Sh*t Agent, the Rabbi Lionel Blair, Fish or Fowl etc etc etc. In about 1997 they moved to the breakfast show because they got fed up of not being able to go out in the evenings, and the world of radio was all the poorer. I used to enjoy listening to poetry from the likes of Simon Armitage and Ian McMillan, and the show provided me with a supply of musical inspiration. I'm pleased to say that this new show seems to be taking some of the old one's elements, which can only be a good thing.

I've never listened to Radio 2 before...

No comments:

Post a Comment