I was rather hoping for a nice bright, frosty day, good for a walk and some photos. So that's 2009 off to a good start.
Now I'm into my sixth calendar year of blogging, I'm looking for new angles to help keep Bogbumper off the buffers (I've considered abandoning it, as seems to be fashionable these days, and sticking to Flickr).
So what I'm planning is writing about sounds and how they reflect the year's progression. I'm aiming to write something every day (or maybe just post a photo). I'd quite like one of those Remembird thingies so I could post some recordings, but they're a bit pricey. Maybe later in the year. But I hope sounds will be the main thing - then it won't matter if I haven't got any photos :o)
What else to look forward to this year?
- Return of migrants, and their accompanying songs. Only two months to go!
- Spring, and what appears in the pond this year. Will the Great Crested Newts return? Will there be any dragonflies emerging after only one year? Will we get more frogs?
- Getting out more
- Maybe, if I'm feeling not too poverty-struck, getting another lens for my camera so I don't have to stand at least five feet away from everything. Proper macro would be fun...
- Sorting out the garden properly, so we have proper flower beds, more vegetables and more wildlife habitats
- The return of moth-trapping to our garden