- The pondskater has been joined by another
- Water beetles have arrived, presumably on the wind
- Some other beetles have fallen in and been rescued by me
- Our local Goldfinches seem to love bathing in the shallow end
- Swallows have swooped over it
- Blue-tailed Damselflies have been seen nearby
Today, while I was fiddling around with bits of hessian, string, aquatic compost and pebbles, a female Broad-bodied Chaser arrived. She flew low over the water before carefully dabbing her rear end into the water and laying eggs. Result!
Now we just need to wait two or three years for dragonflies to emerge...