Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Asda Waxwings: three for the price of one









And for the arty shot...


Was midway through a [lunchtime] game of office darts when I discovered that Kevin Du Rose had been to Asda in the city centre and found a trio of Waxwings in the car-park. Play was abandoned and Mike and I headed into town in search of the mythical beasts...

We found the crested beauties lurking in the top of a rowan tree, next to the recycling centre. The light was terrible but Mike managed to get some good pics, I think. I didn't have a scope with me so I used my bins and got the above results. I'm quite pleased with them! I was getting 1/125 at times, but unfortunately my hand didn't quite have the stability of a tripod.

Top twitching...

photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995 + Leica Ultravid 8x42 BR

No comments:

Post a Comment