Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All things bright and beautiful

Though I've lived here for three and a half years now, this garden still amazes me. It's just not normal. Yellow Wagtails aren't meant to have a bath in your pond, and then finish their toilette while perching on your garden table! It's not normal and I'm glad it's not.

These digiscoped-through-double-glazing photos (and video) aren't up to much technically, but they capture the moment for me. There were so many interesting poses and postures. And look at the length of those hindclaws!

Yellow Wagtail

Yellow Wagtail


photos taken with Canon Powershot A640 + Leica Apo Televid 77 with 20x eyepiece

4 comments:

  1. Katie....lucky you with Yellow Wagtail in your garden no less. I'd get away with a tenner to give you a pound for every YW found in or around our area this summer let alone in the garden.

    Great images with your Powershot/Leica equipment.

    I'm linking them to your blog from Birds2blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG! There's obviously a bird magnet at your place. Or two, if you count Darren?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though it's doing a dainty dance. Beautiful! We only get pied and grey wagtails by our house, (by a river) I don't think I've ever seen a yellow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another magical moment Katie.

    ReplyDelete