Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Predator




Sparrowhawk

What a bird! I was watching the greenfinches on the feeder when she turned up and sat on the back fence.

On Wednesday I saw a juvenile Sparrowhawk catch a small bird so I guess there's a strong possibility that this is the same one, which has decided our garden is a good place for a meal... There are certainly enough tits and Greenfinches around to keep her well-fed.

I'm not sure her hunting technique of sitting around on one leg, yawning and waiting for something to fly towards her is the best option.

photos taken with Nikon Coolpix 995 + Leica Apo Televid 77 with 20x eyepiece

2 comments:

  1. Oooh what a sweetie. She looks really, really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've commented, because when I saw her sitting there I thought, hmmm, I bet Mabel would like you, perhaps as a playmate, but more likely as a snack!

    ReplyDelete