Saturday, June 23, 2007

Gardening



Painted Lady on Lavender


Meadow Brown on Cranesbill

It finally stopped raining for a short while this afternoon, so I managed to do a bit of tidying up in the garden (believe me, there is a lot that needs doing).

It was a very pleasant surprise to see some butterflies enjoying the plants... a single Painted Lady and about half a dozen Meadow Browns. They joined the bumblebees on the Cranesbill and Lavender in the flower bed, plus the clover growing in the lawn and some Catmint. I know some people don't like clover in their lawns, but sod it, if it's good for insects, I want it.

The insect-attracting plants were already in situ when we moved in six months ago, so I ought to say thankyou to whoever planted them. They're all purple, but it does the job nicely.

photos taken with Canon EOS 30D, EF 300mm f/4L IS USM

1 comment:

  1. Stunning your work just gets better and better

    ReplyDelete